Apprenticeships and traineeships
As a commercial business within Transport and Main Roads, RoadTek provides apprenticeships and traineeships, giving you the opportunity to combine employment and structured training while completing a nationally recognised qualification.
RoadTek apprentices and trainees can be employed on either a full-time or part-time basis. Opportunities are available to everyone from mature age workers to high school students.
An apprentice is trained in a skilled trade and upon successful completion will become a qualified tradesperson.
Apprenticeships generally take up to 4 years to complete and include:
- electrical fitter mechanic—work with the latest intelligent transport systems
- fitter mechanic—be trained to service our large range of plant and machinery.
A trainee is someone who is being trained in a vocational area. These vocational areas include office administration, civil construction and soil testing. Upon completion of a traineeship you will be eligible to receive a minimum of a certificate II in your chosen vocational area.
Traineeships vary in length from 12 months to 3 years and include:
- civil construction - be trained in areas such as road maintenance, new civil works and rehabilitation of the road network
- soil testing - you will be trained to collect and analyse data to ensure the road network is up to standard
- administration - work in a variety of areas including project support and general administration.
For further information on apprentice and trainee intakes, contact the RoadTek Recruitment Unit on 07 3032 3409.