Cadetships and scholarships
Transport and Main Roads scholarships
What is a Transport and Main Roads scholarship?
A Transport and Main Roads scholarship allows you to study full time and work part time in your final year of study. The department will assist you in the following ways:
- A fortnightly living allowance.
- An educational reimbursement that contributes to your textbooks.
- Six weeks of paid vacation employment during university holiday periods that will give you a chance to gain hands on experience in your chosen field.
What’s in it for me?
If you have a scholarship through the department, we will provide you with support to develop your talent through:
- a competitive salary with benefits including salary packaging and generous superannuation
- flexible working hours
- significant financial support towards your studies
- practical on-the-job training in your area of study, supervised by an expert in the field
- networking opportunities within Transport and Main Roads and across the whole of government
- experience working on a variety of projects related to your field of study.
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible for a Transport and Main Roads scholarship, you must:
- be currently enrolled in your third year of a recognised and relevant undergraduate degree with an Australian university
- have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 5
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If you are a student seeking a role in government you can use the Smart Jobs website or you can register your details on the Queensland Government Graduate Portal to receive alerts for future scholarship roles in government.
Transport and Main Roads cadetships
By joining Transport and Main Roads as a cadet you will use and develop the skills you are learning at university. This will give you a head start in your career while helping the department deliver better transport solutions for Queensland.
What is a Transport and Main Roads cadetship?
A Transport and Main Roads cadetship offers you a full-time role while paying for you to complete your study part-time. You will be paid a competitive salary and receive financial support for your studies.
Am I eligible to apply?
Cadetships are available to anyone who is interested in a technical occupation and is enrolled or eligible to enrol in a recognised and relevant undergraduate course with an Australian tertiary institution.
When is it available?
If you are a student seeking a role in government you can use the Smart Jobs website or you can register your details on the Queensland Government Graduate Portal to receive alerts for future cadetships in government.
indicates required fields
We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can't do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.
We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response