Cadetships and scholarships
By joining us as a cadet or scholarship holder you will use and develop the skills you are learning at university. Not only will this give you a head start in your career, you will help Transport and Main Roads deliver better transport solutions for Queensland.
What are cadetships? (work full time, study part time)
A Transport and Main Roads cadetship offers you a full-time permanent role while paying for you to complete study part-time. You will be paid a competitive salary and receive financial support for your studies.
Cadetships are offered in the following disciplines:
- civil design
- spatial science
- pavements and materials.
What are scholarships? (study full time, work part time)
We will pay you an allowance that can go toward your living, study and incidental expenses while you are completing your degree. We also offer paid vacation employment during university holiday periods that will give you a chance to gain hands on experience. When you obtain your qualification, you will transfer onto our graduate program.
We offer scholarships in the following disciplines:
- civil and electrical engineering
- environmental engineering
- geographical information systems
- town planning.
What’s in it for me?
- A competitive salary with benefits including salary packaging and generous superannuation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Significant financial support towards your studies.
- Practical on-the-job training in your area of study, supervised by an expert in the field.
- A permanent job with us with career progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to develop a network of professional contacts within Transport and Main Roads and across the whole of government.
- Your own mentor to assist with your development.
- Experience working on a variety of projects in your field of study.
Am I eligible to apply?
Cadetships are available to anyone who is interested in a technical occupation and is enrolled or eligible to enrol in a recognised and relevant undergraduate course with an Australian tertiary institution.
To be eligible for scholarships, you must be a university student with a GPA of 5 or higher. You must be currently enrolled in your second year of a recognised and relevant undergraduate degree with an Australian university. You must also be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.