Are you a driven graduate ready to make your mark on Queensland?
Through the Transport and Main Roads Graduate Development Program, you will join a network of dedicated professionals working to keep Queensland moving. We want you in the driver’s seat, helping us to shape the future of our department, and Queensland.
Our program offers you:
- a 2-year program with tailored professional development
- job rotation for a variety of work experiences, vital for real world readiness
- great places to work across Queensland
- flexible work conditions
- competitive pay.
Working across Queensland
There are graduate placements available across Queensland in a variety of projects, including some of the largest infrastructure projects in Queensland’s history.
By joining the program, there is the opportunity to spend one of your rotations in an area other than your home base.
Our work streams
The graduate development program has 2 primary streams:
- business (all degree disciplines including, but not limited to, finance, HR, business, business management, law, project management, policy, contract management and procurement)
- technical (engineering).
Are you what we're looking for?
We value the diversity of our staff and the wealth of knowledge that life experience brings.
We want graduates who:
- energetically approach challenges
- are driven to do amazing work
- build networks with their peers
- are committed to regional development and working across Queensland
- are committed to improving outcomes and services for Queenslanders
- learn from their mistakes and are committed to their own development, and that of their colleagues.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 or above
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be willing to participate in rotations in other areas (maximum 1 rotation of 6 months in another region)
- have completed your undergraduate degree within the past 3 years.
How do I apply?
Register your interest for the 2016-17 program before 30 April 2015. Applications received after this period may be considered for the 2017-18 year.
Visit the Queensland Government Graduate Portal to register your interest and find out more about graduate positions with us and with other Queensland Government agencies.
indicates required fields
We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can't do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.
We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response