We’re looking for graduates who want to make a difference.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads’ Graduate Development Program is your opportunity to join a department that contributes consistently to the well-being of the wider community, and connects our customers to services, education, employment, and each other.
We’re looking for up to 30 graduates from a broad range of disciplines who approach life and work with equal creativity and innovation, can communicate with a range of stakeholders and colleagues, work hard to better their own and their team’s performance, and consistently put our customers first.
It’s your career. You drive.
Working with us you’ll enjoy the benefits of working within Australia’s most popular graduate employer*, in one of Queensland’s largest and most diverse departments, including:
- 2 year graduate program
- competitive starting salary from $55,310
- flexible work places and work arrangements
- interesting jobs in a wide range of work environments and locations across Queensland
- connections to over 100 different career paths and tailored development opportunities to kick start your career in Queensland Government.
*Queensland Government, Most popular graduate employer (public sector category), Top 100 Grad Employers Awards 2015.
Our graduate roles
We’re recruiting graduates from 2 streams:
- Technical – including engineers (civil and electrical), surveyors and town planners
- Generalist – including:
- digital communications and marketing officers
- business analysts
- human resources and change managers
- contract managers
- policy and legal
- finance, commerce and economics.
What you can expect
We could tell you what to expect, but why not hear it from our grads themselves?
Jamie: I applied for the TMR Graduate Program because during university, traffic and transport was what I was passionate about, so I went straight for the program and I was lucky enough to actually receive a graduate role.
Joshua: The best part of the TMR Graduate Program is the people. I get to work with people really passionate about what they do, and you can see with the work that we do it really contributes to the success of the Department and also to the Queensland Community.
Jamie:Hi, I’m Jamie Murray, I’m a graduate civil engineer with the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Joshua: My name is Joshua Benito and I’m a graduate business analyst at the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Jamie:Working for Queensland Government means I can work on projects that are beneficial for Queenslanders and the community. In the transport space it means I can work on projects that work towards a single integrated transport system that’s accessible to all Queenslanders and that’s something I feel is worth working for.
Joshua: I recommend the Graduate Program to anyone who’s really passionate about change and who really wants to have a challenge in what they do. Here at TMR we value innovation and being yourself, and anyone who wants to make a change and make a really great impact in the community should apply for the TMR Graduate Program.
How to apply
All applications are submitted through the Queensland Government Graduate Portal.
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have completed their degree in 2014, 2015 or are completing their degree in 2016
- hold a GPA of 5.0 or above
- are willing to participate fully in the program, including rotations across work sites, and potentially, regional Queensland.
Eligible applicants will be contacted within 7 days of when applications close.
When to apply
Applications for the 2017-18 program have now closed.
For further information
Contact us at TMR.Graduates@tmr.qld.gov.au.
indicates required fields
We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can't do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.
We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response