Component methodology — implementation phase
This section provides a detailed description of the tasks to be undertaken during the implementation phase of the overall project lifecycle.
This phase covers the production, testing, commissioning and implementation of the identified products or services in accordance with the agreed component management plan.
The purpose of this phase is to ensure that:
- component implementation occurs in accordance with the agreed management plan
- the component progress is monitored and tracked against the planned schedule
- unacceptable variance is identified early and action taken to bring the component back on track
- the component products and deliverables are produced to the required standard and specification
- the component product or service is commissioned and brought into operation.
The implementation phase consists of the following activities:
The component manager is responsible for these activities.