ARNDT is a software program whose purpose is to:
- Enable road designers to identify potentially hazardous geometry of proposed or existing roundabouts.
- Predict accident rates and costs for proposed or existing roundabouts. This enables a designer to determine if the additional construction costs of a particular roundabout layout warrant the saving in accident costs.
- Determine whether the accident rate at an existing roundabout is similar to that expected, given the geometry, traffic volumes and speed environment; or whether there are other major factors influencing accident rates.
The user of the program is required to input geometric, speed environment and traffic flow data for the required roundabout. Utilising this data, the program displays a plan view of the roundabout for the user to determine that all input parameters are correct. The user may then choose to generate an output report that details the safety performance of the roundabout.
The ARNDT software program is based on the results of a combined research project undertaken by the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads and the Queensland University of Technology.
Maintenance and support details
ARNDT is provided free of charge. The provision of full technical support is limited to users who are employees of the Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland or consultants performing work for the department.
To view the Copyright or other legal details, refer to the end End User Licence Agreement displayed during the installation, or in the 'Help > About' dialog in the ARNDT application.
For more information contact CADD Systems via the Service Centre:
This version of ARNDT is designated v1.03.05.
- Added 12da export of roundabout geometry and vehicle paths.
- Changed report format.
- Better support for Microsoft Windows 7.
The ARNDT installation is available below. The ARNDT help file is provided as an optional standalone download if required.
- Download the installation files to a folder on your hard drive.
- If you have a previous version of ARNDT, go to 'Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs' and remove it.
- Unzip the download file (ARNDT_1.zip) and run the installation file ARNDT-10305.msi—follow the instructions (install as administrator or with administrator privileges).
- A program group will be created for all users: Start\Programs\ARNDT
- For a more detailed description of the program, refer to the ARNDT help file that is accessible after installation.
Windows XP Professional SP3 or Windows 7