The Culvert program is used to design culverts under roadways. Culvert calculates the quantities of concrete, reinforcing steel and backfill required. It also includes hydraulic calculations for roadway cross drainage where, given a flow value (Q) and a tailwater depth, the program will calculate the controlling Headwater (inlet or outlet control) and outlet velocity for culverts. Multiple hydraulic trials can be created at a culvert cross section, saved and optionally printed.
Culvert runs stand-alone or as an add-in to 12d® Model™. It uses a cross section through the roadway as the background for placing a pipe or box culvert and is designed to be interactive, with data stored in a file for easy retrieval. All types of standard concrete pipes, box culverts and corrugated steel pipes are recognised by the program. Culvert and pipe dimensions are held in an external file and can be altered to suit different manufacturer's specifications. Drawings of the developed culvert cross sections and the drainage schedule can be created in 12d Model or alternatively, exported to AutoCAD®.
Culvert supports Standard Drawings Roads: 1174, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320 and 1359.
Maintenance and support details
The provision of full technical support is limited to users who are employees of the Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland or consultants performing work for the department.
For further maintenance and support details, refer to the 'Help > About' dialog in the Culvert application to view Copyright and legal details.
For more information, contact CADD Systems via the Service Centre:
If your request is of an urgent nature, could you please follow your email up with a phone call to 07 3066 2000, as the Service Centre mailbox is primarily for non urgent requests.
- Download the installation files to a folder on your hard drive (for example: C:\Apps\Culvert).
- If you have a previous version of Culvert, go to 'Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs' and remove it.
- Install as Administrator or with Administrator privileges.
- Run Culvert501.msi to install Culvert.
- A program group will be created for all users — Start\Programs\Culvert
- For a more detailed description of the program, refer to the Culvert help file that is accessible after installation.
- AutoCAD 2007–11 (including Map) (AutoCAD® © Autodesk, Inc.)
- 12d Model V8 or later (12d® Model™ © 12D Solutions Pty Ltd).