The contracted product is from VerifEye Aust. Pty Ltd*
. The contract is for the supply and installation of a Taxi Security Camera System (TSCS) in Queensland taxis and image download equipment. The Queensland Government is purchasing the Taxi Security Camera System for taxi licence holders.
The contract complies with Government Information Technology Conditions (GITC) Version 5. Government Information Technology Conditions aims to provide consistency, clarity and certainty in Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) purchasing and contractual arrangements. VerifEye is Government Information Technology Conditions accredited with the Queensland Government.
Contracted prices include
- all training and training material for installers, drivers and download operators
- any necessary relocation of a taxi meter
- 24/7 support.
Why was VerifEye chosen?
An evaluation team made up of taxi industry representatives, government representatives and Queensland Police Service forensic analysts evaluated all offers. VerifEye met the objectives of the project including the best mix of price, product and service with a technically superior product with superior image quality and clarity. We wanted the best product to protect taxi drivers and passengers. After all, the extra quality might make all the difference when trying to get a court conviction.
What did it cost?
When implementation commenced in 2005, the system cost:
- Over $1 million in program management of the rollout.
- Over $1 million in services are provided back to installers of the communication equipment.
- Over $400,000 in upskilling, training, and support to taxi operators, download operators and taxi drivers.
- Over $700,000 in project costs during the rollout phase.
- Over $300,000 a year in support and services for the next five years.
*The content found by using this link is not created, controlled or approved by this department. No responsibility is taken for the consequences of viewing content on this site. This link will load into a new window.