The TC signs are a collection of non-standard traffic control (TC) signs that have been 'officially approved' (as required by the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995). These signs have been designed for specialised use and designed to comply with the guidelines set out in the Traffic and Road Use Management (TRUM) manual and the Manual for Uniform and Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
Included in this register are the MUTCD Q-series signs. These signs can be found in part 1 of the MUTCD and designed for specific use in Queensland.
TC and MUTCD Q-series sign updates
The TC signs and Q-series signs are updated quarterly. It is a requirement of the user to ensure all of the most up to date files have been downloaded from this website. All sign files will be replaced quarterly. Users should either replace all of the files or decide on their download requirements based on the information contained in the amendments document also found on this website.
Viewing TC and MUTCD Q-series signs
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view TC and MUTCD Q-series signs.
Preparing and searching for TC and Q-series signs in Adobe Acrobat
Specific signs, words or phrases within the whole group of TC sign files can easily be searched for in Acrobat Reader, resulting in multiple options.
- Download all of the TC and Q-series PDF files to a dedicated folder previously located on the local PC or server.
- Open Adobe Reader and select 'Search' from the main tool bar.
- In the search PDF box select the 'All PDF documents in' option.
- In the associated search bar select 'Browse for Location.'
- Browse and select the folder to where the TC and Q-series signs were downloaded.
- Search for a word or phrase by typing in the top search bar.
- Select 'Search' and select item from search results in the 'Results' section.
Note: Once the folder has been browsed for in step 5 and utilised once, it will be always be made available and therefore, can be selected directly in step 4 instead of selecting 'Browse for location.'
TC signs: March 2013