South East Busway Extension Research
The Department of Transport and Main Roads initiated a telephone survey that collected information about community perceptions within suburbs adjacent to the South East Busway Extension on:
- current barriers to bus usage, and what a public transport system would need to provide to encourage greater use of bus services
- existing busways including satisfaction and who is responsible for busways
- towards future/planned busway projects
- benefits and impacts of a future busway in their area
- impact on public transport usage if a busway was available
- issues in the local area relating to planning and construction.
The report has been split into several parts to reduce its size.
South East Busway Extension Research — full report