Aircare is a vehicle emissions action plan—a key project within the Integrated Regional Transport Plan for south-east Queensland. The strategy, which aims to reduce motor vehicle air pollution, looks at transport challenges facing the region over the next 25 years.
Aircare activities include:
- supporting new Australian Design Rules to improve vehicle emissions standards
- supporting the introduction of low-polluting fuels for urban passenger and freight transport
- operating the smoky vehicle hotline and online smoky vehicle reporting form
- supporting improved vehicle tuning and maintenance
- operating the on-road vehicle emissions random testing program (OVERT).