Remote Communities Services Unit
The Remote Communities Services Unit (RCSU) is a civil construction and maintenance training unit in the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
The unit is based in the Far North Regional Office in Cairns. Our clients are primarily the Indigenous community councils throughout Queensland.
RCSU delivers nationally accredited training in Certificate II Civil Construction and the Traffic Controller Course.
The training is normally delivered on site, in the community and in conjunction with civil construction and maintenance projects. We use innovative and culturally appropriate training resources that the unit has developed specifically to meet the needs of our client groups.
2002: Bridges to Reconciliation
Main Roads Excellence Awards
- 1998: Innovation — Yorke Island Aerodrome
- 2001: Partnership — Main Roads and Mapoon
- 2002: Strengthening Rural and Regional Queensland — Heavy Equipment Management and Training Project
- 2003: Strengthening Rural and Regional Queensland — Cooktown Development Road Indigenous Training Project
- 2008: Strengthening Rural and Regional Queensland — Northern Peninsula Construction Alliance
- 2010: Healthy Category — Paving the Roads at Mabuiag and Pormpuraaw