Local government boundary changes
Availability of former local government boundary maps
As a result of local government amalgamations that occurred on 15 March 2008, a number of local government boundaries have been altered. Current local government area maps are available from the Department of Local Government and Planning website.
This has affected a number of Department of Transport and Main Roads regulations and policies that apply in remote areas as well as access to roads, as determined in the following performance guidelines:
- Guideline for Multi-combination Vehicles in Queensland, Form 1
- Guideline for Excess Dimension - Vehicles Carrying Indivisible Articles, Special Purpose Vehicles and Vehicles that require a Pilot or Escort, Form 4
- Guideline for Excess Dimension Agricultural Vehicles and Agricultural Combinations Vehicles and Drivers, Form 14
- Guideline for Transporting Cotton Modules in Queensland, Form 16
- Guideline for Conditionally Registered Vehicles in Queensland, Form 17.
The department has amended the affected regulations and continues to recognise the former local government area map (in place prior to 15 March 2008), for the time being. The Department of Local Government and Planning has further information about the new local government boundaries and the rationale behind the changes.