Points of interest
The department has supplied points of interest (POI) files for each of the driver stop categories associated with state-controlled roads:
- Motorist rest areas
- Driver reviver
- Scenic stops
- Heavy vehicle rest areas
- Heavy vehicle stopping places
- Dual motorist and heavy vehicle rest areas
Files for installation of each POI category are available for Garmin, TomTom and NAVMAN Portable Navigation Devices (PND).
Download the POI and associated icon files to your computer by using the following procedure:
- Right-click the link for the POI File you wish to download.
- Select Save target as… in Internet Explorer (or select Save link as… in Firefox).
- Select the location on your computer where you would like to save the POI file.
- Select Save (make sure you note where you have saved it).
- Repeat steps 1–4 for each icon relating to the POI category.
- Repeat steps 1–5 if you wish to download another POI category.
Having downloaded the POI file and the associated icon for the POI category, use the standard procedure for loading custom POI files on to your PND. If you need assistance with this, please refer to the documentation for the device or contact the supplier or manufacturer.
Some useful sites to assist you are:
*The content found by using this link is not created, controlled or approved by this department. No responsibility is taken for the consequences of viewing content on this site.