- Barcoo River Bridge reconstruction
Works occurred on the Barcoo River Bridge to repair damage from the 2010/2011 flooding events.
- Beaudesert-Nerang Road (William Street): pavement rehabilitation works
Work has now started on pavement rehabilitation of Beaudesert–Nerang Road (William Street), Beaudesert.
- Beechmont Road upgrade Lower Beechmont
Various works on Beechmont Road, either currently underway or set to start soon, will improve safety and sight distance for motorists, and provide increased traffic lane widths for large vehicles in some sections.
- Bells Creek Road and Roys Road Bruce Highway interchange planning study
A planning study for a proposed future upgrade of the Bells Creek and Roys Road intersections with the Bruce Highway.
- Birdsville Developmental Road (Morney to Birdsville)
- Blackbutt Range, D’Aguilar Highway
D’Aguilar Highway through the Blackbutt Range was closed as a result of major landslip damage.
- Blakey's Crossing Upgrade
This project will realign and construct a new, raised section of Ingham Road at Blakey’s Crossing.
- Border Integrated Transport Plan
The Border Integrated Transport Plan is a joint initiative between the New South Wales and Queensland state and local governments, to develop a framework thato supports the transport system to 2020.
- Boundary Road Bruce Highway interchange planning study
The Department of Transport and Main Roads has started a planning study for the proposed upgrade of the Boundary Road interchange on the Bruce Highway at Narangba.
- Brisbane inner city metro
The release of a Queensland Government proposal for an underground metro system, linking Toowong, West End, the City, Newstead and Bowen Hills; with possible extensions to Bulimba and Hamilton North Shore.
- Bruce Highway and Walker Street intersection at Maryborough
The project involves realigning a section of the Bruce Highway at the Walker Street intersection to improve visibility.
- Bruce Highway (Cooroy to Curra)
This project involves a 61km upgrade and realignment of the Bruce Highway, including a bypass of Gympie.
- Bruce Highway upgrades from Bakers Creek to City Gates, Mackay
Bruce Highway duplication and intersection upgrades from Bakers Creek to City Gates, Mackay.
- Bruce Highway (Kolan River to St Lawrence): reconstruction works
Reconstruction works on the Bruce Highway between St Lawrence and the Kolan River are part of a program of works being delivered under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA), a joint federal and state initiative.
- Bruce Highway overtaking lane (Bauple)
The project involves constructing a southbound overtaking lane on the Bruce Highway, north of the Chapmans Road intersection.
- Bruce Highway overtaking lanes—Mackay and Whitsunday region
16 new overtaking lanes will be built on the Bruce Highway in the Mackay/Whitsundays region between Sarina and Bowen.
- Bruce Highway overtaking lanes (between Torbanlea–Pialba Road and Burrum River Road)
The project involves constructing two overtaking lanes (northbound and southbound) on the Bruce Highway between Burrum River Road and Torbanlea–Pialba Road.
- Bruce Highway overtaking lanes (Isis River) south of Childers
The projects involve constructing 2 overtaking lanes (northbound and southbound) and strengthening and widening works on the Bruce Highway south of the Isis River.
- Bruce Highway – reconstruction of 4 sections south of Cairns
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is reconstructing 4 sections of the Bruce Highway, south of Cairns.
- Bruce Highway upgrade at Howard
The project involves upgrading the Bruce Highway intersections at Lower Thomas Street and William Street/Howard Heights Road at Howard and resealing the highway between the 2 intersections.
- Bruce Highway upgrade: Back Creek Range
The upgrade includes realigning a 3.7km section of the highway, including the area locally referred to as the ‘Big Dipper’, to improve the horizontal and vertical alignment of the highway and remove some of the tight curves.
- Bruce Highway Upgrade Planning Study (Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway)
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is undertaking a planning study for the future upgrade of the Bruce Highway.
- Bruce Highway upgrade (southern approach to Gin Gin)
The project involves realigning the Bruce Highway at the southern approach to Gin Gin to eliminate the tight curves and improving the intersection layout with Bundaberg–Gin Gin Road.
- Bruce Highway Upgrade (Vantassel Street to Cluden)
Duplication of the Bruce Highway, between Vantassel Street and Cluden, south of Townsville.
- Bundaberg Port Rail Link Study
In October 2007 Transport and Main Roads (then Queensland Transport) engaged GHD to undertake a study to identify a rail corridor (for freight traffic) to connect the Port of Bundaberg to the existing rail network via the North Coast line.
- Burdekin Highway realignment
Planning work to define the corridor for the future Bruce Highway realignment including the location of the new Burdekin River bridge.
- Burdekin River Bridge: maintenance and rehabilitation project
Maintenance works to preserve the structural integrity of the bridge and prepare the bridge for a total repaint.
Busways provide access to fast, frequent and reliable public transport across Brisbane. Buses travel in a dedicated corridor separated from general traffic to provide a congestion-free trip.