Farrellys Road to Boundary Road
This intersection services the major industrial area of Paget to the east and the expanding residential area of Ooralea to the west. The completion of this project has improved safety at the intersection and improves access to the industrial and residential areas. Work at this intersection included:
- Duplication of the Bruce Highway between Farrellys Road and Boundary Road
- Installation of traffic signals at the Bruce Highway/Farrellys Road/Schmidtkes Road intersection.
To view a map of these works please view the following document: Bruce Highway Boundary Road.
Boundary Road and City Gates intersections
The City Gates intersection is an important link for Walkerston, the Pioneer Valley and the Bowen Basin to Mackay.
There have been a number of fatal accidents just south of Boundary Road and this upgrade will make significant safety improvements to the Bruce Highway. Work at these intersections will be undertaken together and includes:
- Widening of Archibald Street and the Peak Downs Highway to include two lanes in each direction.
- Providing an additional right-turn lane (southbound) from the Bruce Highway (Nebo Road) onto the Peak Downs Highway, and lengthening both right-turn lanes.
- Providing two left-turn lanes from the Peak Downs Highway onto the Bruce Highway (Nebo Road).
- Lengthening the right-turn lane from the Peak Downs Highway onto the Bruce Highway (Broadsound Road).
- Installation of traffic signals at the intersection.
- Providing an additional right-turn lane from the Bruce Highway (Broadsound Road) into Boundary Road.
- Designated right-turn lanes from Boundary Road onto the Bruce Highway.
- Upgrading Boundary Road west between the Bruce Highway and Rainlover Street.
To view a map of these works please view the following document: Bruce Highway and City Gates intersection.
Temples Lane to Farrellys Road
The duplication of the highway between the two intersections will provide a safer, reliable road with sufficient capacity to accommodate traffic growth generated by the local sugar, mining and tourism industries.
Signalisation of the Temples Lane intersection will improve safety for through traffic and local traffic.
- duplication of the Bruce Highway from two lanes to four lanes from Temples Lane to Farrellys Road
- installation of traffic signals at the intersection of Bruce Highway and Temples Lane
- upgrading the intersection of Bruce Highway and Main Street
- construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Bruce Highway and Stockroute Road.
To view a map of these works please view the following documentation: Farrellys Road intersection and Temples Lane to Farrellys Road.
During construction of these projects, motorists can expect to see changes in traffic movements to accommodate the necessary works. Delays can be expected at the intersections during construction. Motorists are advised to plan their trips accordingly and are asked to follow all signs and traffic directions over the coming months.