Coomera Exit 54 interchange upgrade—Pacific Motorway
The interchange at Exit 54 of the Pacific Motorway at Coomera will be upgraded to cater for continued growth in the Coomera area.
Pacific Motorway, Coomera
Increased safety for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
The state government has committed $47.4 million in addition to a $10 million commitment from the Australian Government and $17.3 million commitment from the developers of the Coomera Town Centre.
- South Coast Region
The Coomera area currently has 1 interchange connected to the Pacific Motorway (M1) located at Foxwell Road (Exit 54). This includes on and off ramps in both directions and connectivity across the M1.
The interchange provides access for motorists/residents in the various new residential developments on the eastern and western side of the M1, as well as access to major attractions such as Dreamworld (on the eastern side) and large private schools/colleges, commercial and industrial estates and various amenities such as the BP Service Centre (on the western side).
The upgrade of the existing interchange is required to cater for the continued growth of the Coomera area.
The upgrade includes:
- a new structure to the north of the existing structure over the M1 for eastbound traffic
- upgrade of both existing roundabouts to signalised intersections with a focus on reducing the risk of queuing on the motorway ramps that potentially causes interference with the safe operation of the M1
- an eastbound loop ramp providing a northbound M1 connection to Foxwell Road (East)
- a modified approach to the intersection from Abraham Road
- realignment of the southbound off ramp to intersect with the Old Pacific Highway (service road)
- minor realignment of the Old Pacific Highway to intersect with Foxwell Road
- provision for pedestrians and cyclists
- street lighting amendments
- realignment and provision for ramp metering signals on the northbound on ramp.
- Mid-2015: detailed design complete
- Mid to late 2015: construction commences
- Late 2016: construction complete
What to expect:
- Traffic congestion and travel time delays
- Changing traffic conditions
- Speed restrictions in all work zones.
Motorists should choose alternative routes whenever possible and allow extra travel time.
Detailed information will be released to the wider community once detailed design for the upgrade is complete.
||1800 657 248|
||07 5563 6611
||Department of Transport and Main Roads
PO Box 442
Nerang Qld 4211
Exit 54 western side: April 2016
Exit 54 full site: April 2016
Exit 54 east and west: April 2016
Traffic signals on the eastern side of the interchange (Foxwell Road) are now operational. The project team appreciates your patience while adjustments are made to the signal phasing to ensure optimal traffic flows, particularly during morning and afternoon peaks. A new southbound off-ramp is also now opened to traffic.
These changed traffic conditions allow further works to proceed around the Coomera Cemetery and approaches to the new overpass bridge.