D’Aguilar Highway safety improvements
A $16 million safety improvement project on the D’Aguilar Highway between Caboolture and Kilcoy.
D’Aguilar Highway between Caboolture and Kilcoy.
Improved safety for road users along the D’Aguilar Highway between Caboolture and Kilcoy.
$16 million from the Australian Government.
- North Coast Region
The $16 million federally-funded project delivered a number of road safety treatments along the D’Aguilar Highway between Caboolture and Kilcoy. Key works delivered include:
- safety improvements at the two Gamgee Road intersections with the D’Aguilar Highway including construction of dedicated turning lanes and lighting at the Gamgee Road east intersection
- rehabilitation and drainage improvements of a 2.1km section of highway between the Gamgee Road intersections
- construction of a 1.2km overtaking lane (eastbound) between the Gamgee Road intersections, with a 1m wide painted centre median treatment along the length of the overtaking lane to separate opposing traffic lanes
- clearing of vegetation at selected locations including Bye Road, Warraba Creek, J Lindsay Road and Morley Lane to improve visibility and safety in the roadside environment
- resealing of the road surface between Neurum Road and Canando Street and additional signage at the Canando Street intersection.
On 3 October 2016, The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport announced that the next phase of the $16 million road safety improvement project will involve construction of a new eastbound overtaking lane on the D’Aguilar highway between Chambers Road and Petersen Road, Woodford.
Construction works will involve:
- upgrading the Ironbark Drive intersection
- upgrading the Chambers Road intersection
- installing a 3m shoulder for eastbound traffic between Ironbark Drive and Chambers Road intersections to provide a safe run-out area for merging vehicles
- installing a 1m wide centre line between the 2 intersections.
Design is now complete for the overtaking lane project in Woodford, and construction works are anticipated to start by mid-2017.
Woodford Overtaking Lane Consultation: layout
||07 5451 7055
||Department of Transport and Main Roads
PO Box 1600
Sunshine Plaza Post Shop
Maroochydore Qld 4558
Media release: D'Aguilar Highway safety works completed at Wamuran