- Gregory Highway (Emerald to Clermont): reconstruction works
Reconstruction works on the Gregory Highway between Emerald and Clermont are part of a program of works being delivered under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA), a joint federal and state initiative.
- Gateway Motorway South Planning Study
Planning study for future upgrade of the Gateway Motorway between Wishart and Eight Mile Plains.
- Gold Coast Highway heavy vehicle changeover bay Bilinga
The heavy vehicle changeover bay at Bilinga will provide a facility for heavy vehicles transporting over-dimensional loads to exchange escorts at the New South Wales / Queensland border.
- Gold Coast Highway lighting improvements (between Kirribin Street and Terminal Drive)
Works will involve the installation of new lighting along the Gold Coast Highway.
- Gold Coast Highway safety improvements (between Miami and Tugun)
Work is underway on a series of safety improvements on the Gold Coast Highway between Miami and Tugun.
- Granard Road and Beatty Road intersection works
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is undertaking works on the corner of Granard Road and Beatty Road, Archerfield to improve the safety and efficiency of the intersection.
- Grigor Bridge, Conondale
The department is constructing a replacement Grigor Bridge on Maleny-Kenilworth Road at Conondale.
- Gateway Additional Lane project
Upgrading the Gateway Motorway between Sandgate Road and the Deagon Deviation
- Gateway Bikeway Project: northern link
Queensland Government planning for a bikeway between the new Gateway Bridge and Kedron Brook.
- Gateway Motorway North project
Planning for the Gateway Motorway between Nudgee and the Bruce Highway.
- Gateway Upgrade South (GUS) project and South East Busway extension
The Gateway Upgrade South (GUS) consists of 3 areas of construction delivered as 2 separate projects. Construction for both projects is expected to start mid 2012 and is scheduled to be completed mid 2014, weather and construction conditions permitting.
- Gillies Range – slope stabilisation works
Slope stabilisation works to repair 20 sites on the Gillies Range Road have been completed.
- Gold Coast Highway Brisbane Road Arundel to Labrador
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit
A partnership between the department, the federal government and Gold Coast City Council to build a light rail rapid transit system between Helensvale and Coolangatta.
- Gold Coast-Springbrook Road: stabilising landslip sites
This project includes permanently stabilising 2 landslip sites on Gold Coast–Springbrook Road to improve road safety and reduce possible future landslips in these locations.
- Gore Highway reconstruction works
Multiple sites along the Gore Highway will be reconstructed over 10 months.
- Gowrie to Grandchester Rail Corridor Study
An investigation of a rail corridor to relieve the constraints on rail operations associated with the Toowoomba and Little Liverpool Range crossings.
- Gracemere Industrial Access Project
In May 2010, the Queensland Government announced $10 million state funding to commence planning works for a new road and rail overpass to provide access to industrial land south of the Capricorn Highway, between Gracemere and Kabra.
- Gregory Developmental Road-Belyando to Charters Towers
This project will reconstruct 40 km of road between Belyando and Charters Towers, which were damaged by flooding events.
- Gulf Savannah Integrated Regional Transport Plan
A plan to address access and mobility needs of the community and industry in the Gulf Savannah area.
- Gulf Developmental Road – works between Georgetown and Mt Surprise
The department is reconstructing sections of the Gulf Developmental Road between Georgetown and Mt Surprise.
- Gympie Road planning study
Gympie Road Planning Study, which is investigating the future requirements for all transport modes including cars, public transport, cyclists and pedestrians along this important transport corridor.