Moreton Bay Rail Link
Moreton Bay Rail Link will deliver a 12.6 km dual-track passenger rail line between Petrie and Kippa-Ring, including six new rail stations at Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Kinsellas Road, Rothwell and Kippa-Ring.
The $1.147 billion required for the project will be provided jointly by the Australian Government ($742 million), Queensland Government ($300 million plus land) and Moreton Bay Regional Council ($105 million).
For more information, visit the Moreton Bay Rail Link webpage.
Moreton Bay (Petrie to Kippa-Ring with new stations at Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Rothwell and Kippa-Ring)
The Moreton Bay Rail Link will:
- provide a more reliable, economical, and faster alternative to driving to Brisbane’s Central Business District during peak periods
- help reduce congestion on the road network, including the Bruce Highway, and free up capacity for journeys that can’t be made using public transport
- provide sustainable and active transport options that reduce carbon emissions — every full train on the new line will take about 600 cars off the road
- provide better access to major employment centres both within and outside the Moreton Bay region
- help attract investment to the area and create business opportunities
- act as a catalyst for growth along the alignment, with stations becoming hubs of new development in the region.
- North Coast Region
To find out more about the Moreton Bay Rail Link, view the project webpage