Moreton Bay Rail Link
Moreton Bay Rail Link will deliver a 12.6 km dual-track passenger rail line between Petrie and Kippa-Ring, including 6 new rail stations at Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Mango Hill East, Rothwell and Kippa-Ring.
The new rail line is part of a $1.2 billion program of public transport improvements for the Moreton Bay Region, funded by the Australian Government, Queensland Government and Moreton Bay Regional Council, which includes the rail line, Petrie to Lawnton track duplication and improvements to the Rothwell roundabout.
For more information, visit the Moreton Bay Rail Project webpage.
Moreton Bay Region (Lawnton to Kippa-Ring with new stations at Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Mango Hill East, Rothwell and Kippa-Ring).
The Moreton Bay Rail will:
- provide a more reliable, economical, and faster alternative to driving to Brisbane’s Central Business District during peak periods
- help reduce congestion on the road network, including the Bruce Highway, and free up capacity for journeys that can’t be made using public transport
- provide sustainable and active transport options that reduce carbon emissions — every full train on the new line will take about 600 cars off the road
- provide better access to major employment centres both within and outside the Moreton Bay region
- help attract investment to the area and create business opportunities
- act as a catalyst for growth along the alignment, with stations becoming hubs of new development in the region.
- North Coast Region
To find out more about the Moreton Bay Rail Link and Lawnton to Petrie Project, view the Moreton Bay Rail Project webpage.