The upgrade includes:
- refurbishing the motorway from Springwood (south) to Daisy Hill including heavy-duty asphalting, constructing wider road shoulders, safety barriers and installation of improved signage, to preserve and maintain the road network for the next 20 years
- provision for future lane upgrades on the motorway to accommodate for traffic growth well into the future
- replacing the Loganlea Road bridge with a new 5-lane overpass
- upgrading the Loganlea Road interchange with signalised intersections
- improvements to the Paradise Road roundabout
- increasing capacity on motorway off and on-ramps and the distance between ramps to improve safety and traffic flow
- a new bus stop and park ’n’ ride at Loganlea Road to improve public transport for the local community
- construction of off-road cycle/pedestrian facilities.
This project is the first stage to be delivered under the Master Concept Plan for the Pacific Motorway Upgrade, Gateway to Logan Motorway.
Major construction commenced in November 2009, sustaining more than 1400 jobs over the life of the project.
Upgrade improvements between Springwood (south) and Daisy Hill are being progressively delivered with major benefits completed in late 2011, including the upgraded Loganlea interchange with a new 5-lane Loganlea Road overpass bridge, new north and southbound Loganlea Road on and off-ramps and local roads upgrades.
Final works along the northbound Pacific Motorway in this section, including refurbishment of the motorway to improve the road surface for another 20 years, were completed in mid-2012.
Prolonged wet weather impacts and the inclusion of priority upgrade works to construct an additional southbound motorway lane between Aranda Street and Old Chatswood Road have extended completion of final improvements to this section of the southbound Pacific Motorway to late 2012.
||Construction enquiries 1800 024 288 (freecall*) |
Planning enquiries 1800 268 257 (freecall*)
||07 3806 2271|
||Pacific Motorway Upgrade, Gateway to Logan Motorway|
PO Box 442 Nerang Qld 4211
* Higher rates apply from mobile phones and pay phones. STD rates will apply if calling from outside south east Queensland.