South East Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan
The South East Queensland Principal Cycle Network Plan guides the development of the cycle network across the region by mapping existing and preferred principal cycle network routes. This plan replaces the 2003 Integrated Regional Cycle Network Plan for south east Queensland.
South east region
- Cycling 10km each way to work would save 1500kg of greenhouse gas emissions each year.
- Bicycles offer door-to-door service and are often quicker than cars over short distances up to 5km.
- For every car trip replaced with a bike ride, the community saves 60c per km.
- Up to 20 bicycles can be stored in the space required for 1 car.
- Metropolitan Region
The purpose of the principal cycle network plan is to identify and guide the delivery of a connected and cohesive cycle network across Queensland. The plan will be used to:
- plan and construct cycle routes controlled by the State and local councils
- prioritise and allocate funding for cycle network planning and infrastructure
- assess development applications to ensure cycle infrastructure is delivered in a consistent manner.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads has taken a collaborative approach to develop this plan with a series of workshops held with representatives from state government agencies, local government authorities, and other stakeholders.
Network plan document
An electronic copy of the SEQ Principal Cycle Network Plan is now available or you can download sections of this document below.
- Index map
- Map 01 Noosa Shire — Cooroy, Pomona and Corran
- Map 02 Noosa Shire — Noosa, Tewantin and Sunshine Beach
- Map 03 Maroochy Shire — Eumundi, Nambour, Peregian Beach, Sunshine Coast Airport
- Map 04 Maroochy Shire — Maroochydore, Caloundra, Landsborough
- Map 05 Caloundra City — Beerwah, Beerburrum
- Map 06 Caboolture Shire
- Map 07 Redcliffe City and Pine Rivers Shire
- Map 08 Brisbane City — Chermside, Carindale, Mount Gravatt, Indooroopilly
- Map 09 Brisbane City, Logan City — Runcorn, Springwood, Loganlea, Greenbank
- Map 10 Brisbane City, Redland Shire — Wynnum, Capalaba, Cleveland
- Map 11 Redland Shire, Logan City, Gold Coast City — Logan, Beenleigh, Macleay Island, Russell Island
- Map 12 Beaudesert Shire — Flagstone, Logan Village, Jimboomba, Gleneagle
- Map 13 Beaudesert Shire — Beaudesert and surrounds
- Map 14 Gold Coast City — Coomera, Southport, Nerang
- Map 15 Gold Coast City — Surfers Paradise, Robina
- Map 16 Ipswich City — Willowbank, Ipswich, Goodna, Springfield, Ripley
- Map 17 Toowoobma City
- Map 18 Multiple locations — Mapleton, Montville, Maleny, Kilcoy, Esk, Amity Point and Point Lookout, Fernvale and Lowood, Gatton, Laidley, Boonah, Coolangatta and Tweed