Changing your registration details
Changes to registration details not specifically listed on this page, such as a change of name, can only be made in person at a Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centre. If you live in a rural area, lodge at a Queensland Government Agency Program office or police station. Remember to bring Evidence of identity documents.
Changing your registration address, CTP insurer or input tax credit entitlement
- Services online can only be used to change an individual's address, not an organisation's address.
- Change your address before paying your registration to ensure your registration label is posted to the correct address.
To notify us of your changes either:
Note: If you are hiring out your Queensland registered vehicle, contact the compulsory third party (CTP) insurer listed on the vehicle registration certificate or vehicle registration renewal notice to ensure you have the appropriate CTP cover.
Changing vehicle modifications or purpose of use (POU) on registration
To change vehicle modifications on your registration after they are made or it’s purpose of use:
- Complete a Change of Vehicle Particulars Notification form (F3524)
- Visit a customer service centre (with the modified vehicle to allow inspection if it's for modifications change). If you live in a rural area, lodge at a Queensland Government Agency Program office or police station.
- Lodge the form and provide Evidence of identity items.
Vehicle modifications or purpose of use changes may affect your vehicle's registration cost, including concessions and CTP. You may be required to pay the difference of the cost for the remaining registration period.
Please keep any receipts or receipt numbers you are provided by us as proof of payment. The certificate of registration and windscreen label will be mailed to you.