Queensland public transport concessions
The Queensland Government offers the following concessions and discounts on services in the TransLink network in south-east Queensland*(including bus, rail and ferry services) and on qconnect urban bus services operating in regional centres.
A 50% concession is available to:
- children aged 5 to 14 years (inclusive)
- full-time Queensland primary school students
- full-time Queensland secondary school students
- eligible full-time Queensland tertiary students
- Gold Repatriation Health Card holders – for Queensland residents only
- Pensioner Concession Card holders – from all states and territories
- Seniors Card holders – from all states and territories.
Free travel is available to:
TransLink and qconnect concessions
More information on urban public transport services, including timetables and fares, is available from:
Regional ferry services
Different fare arrangements apply on ferry services operating outside of south-east Queensland. For information on the concessional arrangements for specific regional ferry services please see:
For more information on concessional fares, see the frequently asked questions.
*South-east Queensland is defined as the area between Gympie, Coolangatta and Helidon.