Helpful hints for when roads are closed
Transport and Main Roads urges all motorists to take care and drive safely.
- Please take heed of road closure signage; the water may be too deep to cross and submerged objects can damage your vehicle.
- Please don't assume that because the water is subsiding that the partially submerged road is safe to cross.
- Plan your trips and routes: Up to date information on the road network including incidents and closures is available at 13 19 40 or by phoning 13 19 40.
- When driving on a road or bridge that has been underwater, please take care as the road may still be drying out.
- Look out for landslides as many roadsides will have exposed layers of rocks and soil that could be subject to movement.
- Look after your health. Stagnant water beside roads is not healthy water.
- Flood waters can be fast moving. For your safety please don't drive on roads covered with water.