The Department of Transport and Main Roads' sponsorship policy was developed to ensure all sponsorships contribute to our core business and deliver results for the Queensland community.
Our policy, in-line with the whole-of-government sponsorship policy and framework, has specific criteria that sponsorship proposals must meet.
The department’s sponsorship policy and procedures have been established to ensure optimum use of public resources and value for money. A mutually attractive sponsorship agreement depends largely on good planning and preparation. Ample lead-time should be allowed for the preparation, negotiation and establishment of a sponsorship agreement.
All proposals must relate and contribute to the department’s objectives outlined in the Strategic plan and to the Queensland Government priorities. For example, logo exposure opportunities for the department should not be considered the primary benefit of sponsorship.
Proposals that do not meet the criteria, do not provide the correct information, or are not received well in advance of the initiative may not be considered.
Types of activities not considered for sponsorship include:
- funding for individuals, political or religious organisations
- activities that are not directly aligned to the Transport and Main Roads’ strategic plan objectives and Queensland Government priorities
- any event that is considered a high risk or contravenes the department’s policies or policy intent
- activities that do not represent value for money
- initiatives that include relationships with tobacco and alcohol
- initiatives that include product endorsements
- sponsorship to organisations if the sponsorship fee will be used to provide sponsorship or a grant to a third party.
For more information or to submit your request, visit the Queensland Government Sponsorship Requests page.
Proposals will be forwarded and assessed by the relevant business area of the department and a recommendation will be made with the approval of senior management. Organisations will be advised of the outcomes of the consideration of their proposal.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.