Natural disaster and drought assistance (registration and licensing)
In the event of a natural disasters or drought, we provide assistance for Queenslanders that are impacted.
You may be eligible for our:
Check our availability
For transport and motoring customer service centres availability and updates:
Natural disaster assistance package
We provide the following options for natural disaster assistance:
- No administration surcharge for short term registration renewal periods
- No registration renewal reinstatement fees
- No replacement fees for standard issued number plates
- No replacement fees for lost and/or damaged driver licence and photo identity cards
- No replacement fees for lost and/or damaged:
- public passenger transport driver authorisations
- heavy vehicle work diaries
- industry authorities including accreditation documentation and identity cards
- books of certificates of inspection or modification certificates.
You may also be eligible for time extensions for disability parking permits and certificates of inspection.
For more information, please refer to the natural disaster assistance package information bulletin.
In the event of a natural disaster, please also refer to the National Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) summary and map or the Queensland Government disasters and emergencies page for more information on financial assistance arrangements in your area.
Drought assistance for primary producers
If you are a primary producer whose property has been drought declared, you may be eligible for drought assistance. This includes:
- vehicle registration waivers, exemptions and concessions
- certificate of inspection fee waivers
- heavy vehicle permits and exemptions
- permits for stock route grazing and droving.
Find out more about transport-related drought assistance for primary producers.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.