Businesses, associations, local councils, and not-for-profits may apply for sponsorship to support the delivery of significant initiatives and events in Queensland.
You will need to demonstrate how your initiative or event:
You will also need to demonstrate that you have the organisational capability to successfully deliver the initiative or event. Consideration will also be given to local needs, emerging issues, value for money and alternate sources of funding.
We are committed to sponsoring initiatives that consider gender and cultural diversity, preference to Queensland suppliers, source and profile Queensland talent and produce, and implement environmentally sustainable practices.
Apply early, allow for the preparation, negotiation, and establishment of a sponsorship agreement. This includes whole-of-government consultation.
Types of activities not considered for sponsorship include:
- funding for individuals, political or religious organisations
- activities that are not directly aligned to our strategic plan objectives and Government objectives for the community
- any event that is considered a high risk or contravenes the department’s policies or policy intent
- activities that do not represent value for money
- initiatives that include relationships with tobacco and alcohol
- initiatives that include product endorsements
- sponsorship to organisations if the sponsorship fee will be used to provide sponsorship or a grant to a third party.
How to apply
For more information or to submit your request, visit the Queensland Government Sponsorship Requests.
Proposals will be assessed by the relevant department business area and a recommendation will be made with the approval of senior management. You will be advised of the outcome following consideration of your proposal.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.