Samford Valley Bypass Corridor
The Samford Valley Bypass Corridor is historical planning, is not currently being protected and cannot be used to condition development.
Transport and Main Roads is considering if there is a future role for the Samford Valley Bypass Corridor in the transport system.
This corridor runs from Samford Road, Upper Kedron through Camp Mountain and connects to Mt Samson Road at Yugar.
- In the 1970s, significant residential development was predicted in the Samford Valley area.
- The corridor was planned and preserved in the late 1970s and early 1980s in response to concerns about Samford Road being able to handle traffic growth from predicted development.
- The predicted development has not eventuated.
- Corridor preservation was based on planning standards for a four-lane median-divided road.
- Last updated 26 February 2020