Transport and Main Roads E-Correspondence: Terms and Conditions
E-Correspondence terms and conditions
The services are an electronic notification and reminder service only which is provided by us.
The services are provided by us free of charge.
You agree that the information you have provided to us when using the site and registering for and using the services; is true, complete, correct and current at the time it is provided to us.
(b) Applying and registering
You should only apply/register for the services if you:
- have a secure personal email account; and
- can access emails sent to your email address; and
- you have adequate and sufficient internet coverage in the place where you live or work (being the place where you will receive your emails).
If you have any concerns about the security of your email account, your internet coverage or ability to access your emails you should not register for the services.
You may apply for the services:
- online at the site; or
- by contacting us in person or by telephone.
If you apply/register for the services:
- online and do not complete the online registration form or the email address you have provided is not correct or complete; or
- in person or by phone and do not provide a correct or complete email address
you may not be successfully registered for the services and we will be unable to provide the services to you.
(c) Confirmation email - successful registration
If you have successfully registered for the services, we will send a confirmation email to your nominated email address within 24 hours from applying, confirming you are registered for the services.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying, you may not be successfully registered for the services. It is your responsibility to either:
- login to our site to check and re-enter your details in order to re-register for the services; or
- contact us in person or by telephone.
If you still have difficulties registering for the service and do not receive a confirmation email, you should contact us to assist you or to request cancellation of your application/registration for the services.
(d) After you are registered for the services
If you successfully registered for the services (when you receive a confirmation email) and while you maintain registration for the service, we will make every effort to provide the service to you at the times indicated on the My e-notices and e-reminders webpage.
While you are registered for the services:
- you will not receive post or paper copies of any notices and reminders provided electronically by email except where there is an email delivery failure – see (e) Email delivery failures
- it is your responsibility to ensure your service registration details (including your email address) remain correct and current at all times
- if your details change, you must promptly login and register your new details or you must contact us
- if you have any concerns at any time about the security of your email account, your internet coverage or ability to access your emails including because of a change in the place you live or work, you should cancel your registration for the services. You can cancel your registration after logging in to your ‘My Account’ or if you contact us.
(e) Email delivery failures
E-notices- If we receive notification of an email delivery failure for your e-notices we may automatically attempt to resend the e-notice to your recorded email address. If an email delivery failure continues to occur, we will send a paper copy of the notice by post to your postal address recorded with us.
If we are notified that an e-notice has been sent to an incorrect email address, we will take reasonable measures to assist you to receive your notice by email or by post to your postal address recorded with us.
E-reminders- If we receive notification of an email delivery failure for your e-reminders, we will not attempt to resend the e-reminder to your recorded email address nor to your postal or residential address. You must update your email address in order to receive e-reminders or contact your internet service provider if you have difficulties.
If we are notified that your e-reminder has been sent to an incorrect recorded email address, we will take reasonable measures to assist you to receive your future e-reminders by email.
(f) Cancelling registration
If you want to cancel your registration for the services, you should login to the site or contact us.
If your registration for the services is cancelled, you will receive your notices by post sent to your recorded postal address. If you have not cancelled your service before the generation of the notice you will still receive it by email and not by post.
You will receive a confirmation of cancellation email within 24 hours of the cancellation. If you fail to receive a confirmation of cancellation email please login to the site or contact us.
We reserve the right to cancel your registration and services at any time at our discretion including if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Last updated 27 July 2022