Becoming an accredited rider trainer
Q-Ride is the primary training and assessment method in Queensland for people wishing to obtain a motorcycle licence.
Q-Ride accreditation is offered only as an additional authority where the person already has Queensland driver trainer accreditation for the motorcycle class and wishes to deliver training and assessment services either as a registered service provider or as an employee of a registered service provider.
Requirements to become an accredited rider trainer
The applicant must:
hold a current driver trainer accreditation to provide driver training for a class R motorcycle, or
have successfully completed a Certificate IV qualification in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport Motorcycle Riding Instruction) TLI41416, and
have completed a Q-Ride Rider Trainer Curriculum Training course, and
have completed a Certificate IV qualification in Training and Assessment - TAE40116 or TAE40110 or
have completed Assessment Competency Units, TAEASS401 and TAEASS402, or
TLISS00162, Driving Instructor Skill Set.
Complete a driver trainer and rider trainer application (F3948) and take it to your nearest customer service centre. There are no additional fees.
The application should be accompanied by:
- the applicant's current driver licence and/or industry authority
- Certificate IV qualification (if this certificate has not been previously provided to the Department of Transport and Main Roads as an accompanying document to a Driver Trainer Accreditation application)
- Certificate IV qualification in Training and Assessment or Statement of Attainment for the Assessment Competency Units
- Certificate of completion for Q-Ride Accredited Rider Curriculum Training.
If the application is approved, the applicant will be issued with a new industry authority card which must be produced for inspection if requested by the accredited person’s employer, or a person for whom the accredited person is providing the relevant service.
If the applicant is signed up for e-reminders they will be sent an email:
- with their interim industry authority as evidence that they are authorised to perform the role until their industry authority card arrives in the mail
- when their industry card is posted
- 3 days before their industry authority is due to be renewed
Accredited rider trainers are required to comply with the Statutory Accreditation Conditions for Accredited Driver and Rider Trainers as detailed in schedule 1 of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management – Accreditation and Other Provisions) Regulation 2015, which includes compliance with the Code of Conduct.
A contravention of these conditions may result in the department amending, suspending or cancelling the person’s accreditation.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.