Skip links and keyboard navigation


Application process for accessing state-controlled roads

If you are an Electricity, Gas, Sewerage or Water utility, please complete the F5165 - Installation of Utility Assets in State-Controlled Roads Application form to apply to install assets in the state-controlled road network.

For Telecommunications Carriers, TMR follows the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) Land Access Guidelines and Austroads Telecommunications in Road Reserves Operational Guidelines for Installations.

Utilities are required to provide a signed Deed of Indemnity and Certificate of Insurance with applications. Please complete the F5191 Deed of Indemnity and submit with your application or Land Access Activity Notice.

Submit applications via email to the district contact in which your organisation proposes to install the asset. 

The Third Party Utility Infrastructure Installation in State-Controlled Transport Corridors provides utilities with further information and guidance regarding application and installation requirements. 

All utilities that wish to access and install assets in the state-controlled road network must comply with the technical requirements specified in the TN163 Third Party Utility Infrastructure Installation in State Controlled Roads Technical Guidelines.

Utility partners

We have formed, and continue to develop, alliances with a number of utilities as we continue to provide and maintain a safe and efficient road network. A number of Utilities have entered into Memoranda of Understanding that reduce overall administrative burden and enhance efficiency by implementing strategies that will avoid or minimise interference with the operations and functionality of each party’s infrastructure.

Last updated
20 March 2020