Skip links and keyboard navigation

Contacts on heavy vehicle national laws

Contact the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR)

The NHVR is now the first point of contact for the majority of your heavy vehicle business. Get more information about when you should contact the NHVR.

Get details on how to contact the NHVR by email, phone or mail.

Contact the Department of Transport and Main Roads

You will continue to contact the department for some matters, including:

  • heavy vehicle registration and driver licensing
  • booking heavy vehicle inspections
  • dangerous goods regulation
  • road rules
  • drink and drug driving
  • enrolling in the Intelligent Access Program.

For enquiries about the impact of the Heavy Vehicle National Law in Queensland, call 13 23 80.

Contact the department if you need information about the following access permit application types:

  • all access permit applications submitted before 10 February 2014
  • access permit applications for Class 1 Oversize, Overmass and Special Purpose Vehicle for routes entirely within Queensland submitted to either the department or the NHVR from 19 February 2014.

You can email the department’s Heavy Vehicle Access Operations unit at and call 3066 5511 (if you're in south Queensland) or 4931 1637 (if you're in north Queensland)

Last updated
04 April 2019