Transport and Main Roads AutoCAD customisation
Please note: Under the Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Major Account agreement with Autodesk, we are only able to gain support for 4 versions of AutoCAD at a time (Current version minus 3). The .NET architectures in AutoCAD allow us to use the same code across slightly more versions.
The current version rolled out for TMR use is Autodesk Map 3D 2020.
The bundle provided below is configured to autoload into AutoCAD, Map 3D and Civil 3D and for all versions above 2018 (R20). If you wish to vary this behaviour, please follow the links to the Autodesk documentation in the TMR Customisation Bundle help file below.
Many components of the customisation will not function with AutoCAD LT. AutoCAD LT has severe restrictions on the level of customisation that can be performed. It may be possible to configure some of the components for use (template, linestyles, textstyles). This will be up to the user.
The Transport and Main Roads AutoCAD Customisation contains tools and objects that enable the production of drawings that follow standards documented in the department's Drafting and Design Presentation Standards Manual.
Specifically, the customisation contains and implements:
- Dimension Styles
- Custom Hatch Patterns
- Layer Standards
- Plan Sheets
- Table Styles
- Text Styles
These are implemented through:
- A custom TMR Tools palette
- Standard AutoCAD Tool palettes
The help file available from the MR Tools menu on the TMR Tools palette, provides detailed explanation of the content. It can be accessed separately from the following folders (default location):
Bundles, or Application Plugins, provide an AutoCAD managed mechanism for loading customised content into AutoCAD products.
CADD Systems’ has derived a configuration that works well, while continuing to evolve. The bundle removes the need for the previous configuration tool that was proving unreliable.
On first load, a series of “Security – Unsigned Executable File” messages will appear relating to LISP files and TMR customisation plugins. AutoCAD will need to be restarted after the first load, as some AutoCAD profile settings don’t fully register until a restart.
By default, the self-extractor below will offer the %PROGRAMDATA%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins folder as the location for the TMRACADCust.bundle folder.
%ProgramData% is available to all users of a PC and shouldn’t normally require special permissions.
Other locations AutoCAD will search are:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins
- This may be the same as %PROGRAMDATA%
Which location your organisation chooses will be dependent on internal security and permissions policy.
Please refer to the TMR Customisation Bundle help document below for further details:
Although documented in the TMR Customisation Bundle document above, it is worth mentioning that the bundle can easily be disabled by renaming the PackageContent.xml file so that AutoCAD cannot "see" it. Deleting the customisation folder (TMRACADCust.bundle) will have the same effect.
- Remaining plan sheets altered for Electronic Signature and RPEQ requirements.
- Survey rail blocks and linetypes.
- MRLITE Command : Issues with provided CIE files fixed.
- Optional Personal PropSettings.ini file.
- Copy the file from :
- Edit the file to suit your preferences.
- Be careful though. If you break it, start from scratch. Not all settings behave as expected when set from a LISP routine.
- Plan Sheet Changes
Significant changes to MRR_Detail plan sheet relating to Electronic Signatures and RPEQ requirements.
Altered "Horiz. Grid." provisions in preparation for dynamic GDA2020 datums.
MUTCD Select A Sign (SAS)
Command line option (-SAS) to enable scripting.
Printable Label added as an option in the GUI version.
Command line version has a related question.
D4-2-2 sign corrected.
Signs using Services symbols were erroring due to duplicate naming. Fixed.
Plot Stamps added as a permanent content in plan sheets.
Overlays the Engineering Certification area
Uses a visibility state for selection
Can also be controlled using the "CHANGEVIS" command. Including in scripting.
This only works for single instance blocks like the plot stamps.
Example command line: changevis mr_plot_stamps_combined "Concept Only"
Linetype MRR_LP fixed.
MRR_LP added for processing.
Blocks updated in response to Electronic Signature policy:
As Constructed Statement.
- A “Bundle” or “Application Plugin” is now the only form of delivery.
- Removes unreliable configuration tool.
- Removes need for manual configuration. AutoCAD handles the setup.
- Bug fixes in bundle.
- Unintended restriction to 2018 versions removed.
- Supported versions start at 2015.
- More resilience built into the TMRPROPS command.
- Testing for required folders to exist. (It has been found that expected folders haven’t existed for some users. This appears to have been user/PC specific, and not a normal situation).
- Windows operating system
- Full AutoCAD licence. Not AutoCAD LT.
- As stated above, the bundle is set for a minimum version of 2018 (R20).
- No maximum version has been set.
For more information contact CADD Systems via the Service Centre:
Phone: (07) 3066 2000
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.