Mooloolah River Interchange Upgrade
We are progressing a detailed business case for a major future upgrade of the Mooloolah River Interchange at Mountain Creek.
We are creating a detailed business case to upgrade the Mooloolah River Interchange at Mountain Creek.
The preferred option includes:
- a major upgrade to the Mooloolah River Interchange and existing connections to the Sunshine Motorway east-west and north-south links, and Nicklin Way
- a new road connection across the Mooloolah River connecting the upgraded interchange with Kawana Way at Parrearra
- upgrading the Sunshine Motorway from the Mooloolah River interchange to Kawana Way from 2 to 4 lanes
- new local road links including a direct connection for northbound traffic on Nicklin Way to Brisbane Road in Mooloolaba, and a new link between Karawatha Drive in Mountain Creek and Brisbane Road.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Better road access
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Widening the Sunshine Motorway from 2 to 4 lanes.
- New local road links between:
- Nicklin Way to Brisbane Road for northbound traffic.
- Karawatha Drive in Mountain Creek and Brisbane Road.
- New road connection across the Mooloolah River.
Funding for construction will be considered during future program reviews and is subject to competing state-wide priorities.
- Total investment
- $7.5 million
- Queensland Government
- $7.5 million