Altandi station park 'n' ride expansion business case
Planning has started on upgrading and expanding the park 'n' ride facilities at Altandi station, in response to a high demand for commuter parking and congestion in surrounding streets.
The Altandi station park ‘n’ ride upgrade and expansion will provide:
- around 50 new car parks including designated accessible parking spaces for persons with disabilities on the eastern side of the station
- a new kiss ‘n’ ride facility within the existing western park ‘n’ ride
- a new sheltered walkway between the railway station to Mains Road
- upgraded bicycle parking facilities
- improved safety for park ‘n’ ride users through new lighting and CCTV.
- Increases car parks
- Improves safety
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Better active transport
- Contributes to economy
- Planning for a new park 'n' ride facility on Gundooee Street, Sunnybank.
- Safer pedestrian movements through a new kiss ‘n’ ride facility within the existing western park 'n' ride.
- Improved passenger amenities, experience and access, including a sheltered walkway to the railway station from Mains Road.
- Improved safety for park 'n' ride customers and active transport users through new lighting and CCTV.
- Provide around 50 additional car parks for commuters.
Further funding is required to progress the project to design and construction. Investment ID 778996
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
TMR is currently finalising the business case for the Altandi station park 'n' ride upgrade project as part of the planning process.
The business case will confirm the preferred option, advance the design, quantify the project benefits and confirm the project’s cost estimates.