Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road
We are undertaking safety improvements on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road.
The Queensland Government has committed $4.35 million to signalise the intersection of Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road and Kruger Road with improvements in and around the Carbrook State School.
In addition, the Australian and Queensland governments have committed $19.5 million on an 80:20 basis to undertake safety improvements on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road at Carbrook and Cornubia.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases car parks
Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road and Kruger Road intersection:
- New traffic signals to allow safe turns in and out of the Kruger Road intersection
- Extended right turn lane into Kruger Road
- New bus stop and shelter on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road
- Additional parking within the school grounds as well as student kiss-n-go zone
- Upgraded and new footpaths/shared paths
Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road at Carbrook and Cornubia:
- Improved linemarking/signage
- Removing roadside hazards between California Creek Road and Mount Cotton Road and installation of pedestrian footpaths in front of the Carbrook State School
- Removing roadside hazards and upgrading of safety barriers between Mount Cotton Road and Serpentine Creek
Dedicated right turn lanes to:
- Calvary Christian College and the Wirunya Aged Care and Retirement Village
- Ferry Road
- Aquatic Gardens Caravan Park
- Rocky Passage Road