Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road
We are undertaking safety improvements on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road.
Safety improvements will be made along the Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road locations with a known crash history.
The Queensland Government has committed $4.35 million to signalise the intersection of Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road and Kruger Road with improvements in and around the Carbrook State School.
In addition, the Australian and Queensland governments have committed $19.5 million on an 80:20 basis to undertake safety improvements on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road at Carbrook and Cornubia.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases car parks
Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road and Kruger Road intersection:
- New traffic signals to allow safe turns in and out of the Kruger Road intersection.
- Extended right turn lane into Kruger Road.
- New bus stop and shelter on Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road.
- Additional parking within the school grounds as well as student kiss-n-go zone.
- Upgraded and new footpaths/shared paths.
Beenleigh–Redland Bay Road at Carbrook and Cornubia:
- Improved linemarking/signage.
- Removing roadside hazards, pedestrian paths and high friction surface treatments between California Creek Road and Mount Cotton Road, Cornubia.
- Improved linemarking/signage, removing roadside hazards, pedestrian paths and safety barriers between Mount Cotton Road and Serpentine Creek, Carbrook.
Dedicated right turn lanes to:
- Calvary Christian College and the Wirunya Aged Care and Retirement facilities.
- Ferry Road.
- Aquatic Gardens Caravan Park.
- Rocky Passage Road.