Birkdale train station, park ‘n’ ride expansion, business case
A business case and concept design has been developed to upgrade and expand the park ‘n’ ride at Birkdale station.
These customer improvements will assist in achieving a connected, integrated network and make public transport an attractive option for everyone.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases car parks
- 37 new general car parking spaces.
- 4 new Persons with Disability car parking spaces.
- 5 new motorcycle parking spaces.
- Relocating the existing bus stop closer to the station and constructing a new bus shelter.
- New kiss 'n' ride facility.
- New bike riding amenities including a secure bicycle enclosure, bicycle lockers and horizontal bicycle racks.
- Dedicated pathways from the park 'n' ride to Birkdale station and Napier Street.
- New CCTV cameras and lighting.
This project (planning only) is fully funded by the Queensland Government through the Transport System Planning Program (TSPP). Investment ID 1527775
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
A concept design has been developed to upgrade and expand the park 'n' ride at Birkdale station.
The design includes redeveloping vacant land between the eastern and western carparks to provide more parking spaces and improved accessibility to Birkdale station. The eastern car park will also be reconfigured to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.