Boogan Road, widen and strengthen pavement
The upgrade will include the widening of the existing road.
Boogan Road is a nominated B-Double route which forms part of the principal freight network connecting the Bruce Highway coastal link, via the Kennedy Highway, with inland routes being the Kennedy Developmental Road and Gulf Developmental Road.
The project will deliver significant long-term safety improvements for local road users and improved travelling conditions for heavy vehicle freight operators.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Improves ride quality
- Bulk earthworks to accommodate formation widening.
- Relocation of Public Utility Plant (PUP).
- Reinstating of existing property access to current standards.
- Construction of new road.
- Full width spray sealing of the widened road formation.
- Replacement or extension of culverts.
- Line marking and other road markings.
- Installation, adjustment and/or treatment of signposts and crash barriers.
- Traffic management and staging.
- Environmental, cultural heritage and native title management.
The Queensland Government has allocated $21.3 million to Far North District as part of the Queensland Government's $400 million roads stimulus package. This $7.1 million project is funded under the Queensland State Road Network Upgrade program. Investment ID 1191841
- Total investment
- $7.1 million
- Queensland Government
- $7.1 million
The project will start in late 2021.