Planning is underway for a new 4-lane section of the Bruce Highway to the east of Tiaro. The project will increase the flood immunity, safety and efficiency of the Bruce Highway and future-proof the road to cater for growing traffic volumes. It will also remove a large portion of heavy vehicles from the Tiaro township, improving safety and liveability for residents.
Bruce Highway (Gympie – Maryborough), Gootchie Road to Sheehans Road, widen pavement and improve safety
The Bruce Highway Blackspots, rest areas and safety upgrades package will upgrade intersections and widen the highway for installation of wide centre line treatment.
The project involves providing dedicated right and left-turn lanes at the Deveron Road, Molteno Road and Sheehans Road intersections to improve safety by separating through and turning traffic.
The Bruce Highway will be widened and wide centre line treatment installed to increase the distance between motorists travelling in opposite directions and reduce the potential for head-on crashes.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Better road access
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Widen the Bruce Highway to provide 2m shoulders.
- Installation of wide centre line between Gootchie Road and north of the Sheehan’s Road intersection.
- Upgrade the Deveron Road, Molteno Road and Sheehans Road intersections to provide dedicated right and left-turn lanes.
- Provision of safer roadside treatments including guardrail and/or flatter batters and clear zoning.
The project is fully funded by the Australian Government
Investment ID 907733
- Total investment
- $26.64 million
- Australian Government
- $26.64 million
We are currently undertaking the tender process for the project.
Bruce Highway (Gympie – Maryborough), Gootchie Road to Sheehans Road location map