Construction has started at the Knobels Road and Nebia Coningsby Road intersection to improve safety and enhance visibility.
Bruce Highway (Mackay - Proserpine), Jumper Creek, upgrade flood immunity
Construction is underway to upgrade flood immunity at Jumper Creek, between Mackay and Proserpine.
The project involves upgrading almost 1km of the Bruce Highway between Jorgensens Road intersection and Jumper Creek, north of Mackay.
The works will improve safety and reliability on this section of the Bruce Highway for all road users and minimise disruption from flood related closures.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Improves flood immunity
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Improves ride quality
- Raise the level of the road and strengthens its surface to improve flood resilience.
- Install larger culverts to improve flood capacity.
- Widen the road to allow for wide centre line treatment.
- Install guardrails and widen shoulders to allow for safer pull over areas.
This project is jointly funded by the Australian Government and Queensland governments on an 80:20 basis. Investment ID: 370716
- Total investment
- $23 million
- Australian Government
- $18.4 million
- Queensland Government
- $4.6 million
Construction started in April 2022.