Bruce Highway (Mackay – Proserpine), Knobels Road, upgrade intersection and approaches
Construction has started at the Knobels Road and Nebia Coningsby Road intersection to improve safety and enhance visibility.
More than a kilometre of the Bruce Highway at the Knobels Road and Nebia Coningsby Road intersection is receiving safety improvements.
Works include extending turning lanes, constructing protected lanes, installing a new road surface and new lighting.
This upgrade will improve safety, efficiency and visibility at this intersection and reduce the risk of crashes.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Improves ride quality
- Increase safety for vehicles exiting and entering the Bruce Highway at Knobels Road and Nebia Coningsby Road by providing improved turn lanes and installing separate turn lanes.
- Improve safety by restricting illegal access movements to and from nearby businesses and rest stops.
- Improve road safety by realigning the intersection, asphalting shoulders for parking and installing a new road surface.
- Install lighting to improve visibility at night.
This project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments on an 80:20 basis. Investment ID: 370606
- Total investment
- $7 million
- Australian Government
- $5.6 million
- Queensland Government
- $1.4 million
Construction started in June 2022 with completion expected by late-2023.