Accelerated funding has been allocated through the following Road Stimulus Packages to increase investment in roads and transport infrastructure as part of The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy.
Bruce Highway (Rockhampton – St Lawrence), Carlton Street to Yeppoon Road, improve cycle facilities
Upgrades to bicycle riding and pedestrian infrastructure have been delivered along another key section of the Bruce Highway in Rockhampton.
This project has delivered 1.14km of new shared path along the Bruce Highway from Carlton Street to Yeppoon Road in Rockhampton, in addition to providing new on-road and off-road bicycle riding facilities.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
- Improved safety for all road users by reducing possible conflicts with bicycle riders, pedestrians and drivers.
- Increased freight efficiency and heavy vehicle management via reduction of on-road bicycle traffic.
- Supports environmental improvements by making bicycle riding and walking easier through better, safer facilities.
- Boosted local economy.
This $3.3 million project was jointly funded by the Australian Government ($2.64 million) and Queensland Government ($660,000) under the Road Safety Program Tranche 1 which is part of the Targeted Road Safety Program.
- Total investment
- $3.3 million
- Australian Government
- $2.64 million
- Queensland Government
Construction started in March 2021 and was completed in December 2021.