Accelerated funding has been allocated through the following Road Stimulus Packages to increase investment in roads and transport infrastructure as part of The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy.
Bruce Highway (Rockhampton - St Lawrence), Carlton Street to Yeppoon Road, improve cycle facilities
The project will provide on road and off road cycle facilities between Carlton Street and Yeppoon Road, delivering improved bike riding and pedestrian infrastructure in Rockhampton.
The bike and pedestrian infrastructure upgrade will improve safety for all road users. This project will deliver 1.14km of new shared path along this section of the Bruce Highway.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
- Improve safety for all road users by reducing possible conflicts with bike riders, pedestrians and drivers.
- Pedestrian safety.
- Freight efficiency and heavy vehicle management via reduction of on-road bike traffic.
- Environmental improvements.
- Improved bike rider safety and facilities.
- Boost to local economy.
The $3.3 million project is jointly funded by the Australian Government ($2.64 million) and Queensland Government ($660,000). Investment ID 1831212
- Total investment
- $3.3 million
- Australian Government
- $2.64 million
- Queensland Government
Started March 2021. Expected completion late August 2021.