We upgraded the Sarina Northern Access through the construction of a 2-lane roundabout at the intersection of the Bruce Highway and Sarina Coast Road.
Bruce Highway—Safety Package: Mackay – Proserpine (The Leap to Careys Creek)
We are delivering the Bruce Highway Safety Package (The Leap to Careys Creek) as part of the Bruce Highway Upgrade Program to improve safety, flood resilience and capacity along the Bruce Highway.
We are delivering 4 projects under this package:
- Bruce Highway Hampden to Kuttabul formation widening and resurfacing
- Bruce Highway Palm Tree Creek (extension of northbound overtaking lane)
- Bruce Highway Township Entry Treatment at The Leap and Kuttabul
- Roadside hazard reductions
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Improves ride quality
- Widening of the highway to install wide centre lines to reduce the incidents of head-on crashes
- The installation of safety barriers
- The extension of an overtaking lane along the Bruce Highway at Palm Tree Creek
- The upgrade of 9 intersections at:
- Maraju-Yakapari Road / Yakapari-Seaforth Road
- Tweedies Road
- Guimellis Road
- Pyms Road
- Zunkers Road
- McGills Road
- Watts Road
- Geeburga-Buthurra Road
- Buthurra Station Road.
The town entry points at Farleigh, The Leap and Kuttabul will receive treatments including the installation of signage and road markings to reduce vehicles speeding through rural towns.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments on an 80:20 basis.
$1.1 million - Australian Government-funded Bruce Highway – Additional Funding for Black Spots, Rest Areas and Safety Upgrades.
$1.07 million is from the Australian Government-funded Bruce Highway – Overtaking Lanes Package.
- Total investment
- $39.13 million
- Australian Government
- $31.738 million
- Queensland Government
- $7.392 million
At this stage works have started for this project, starting at Watts Road and Buthurra Station Road.