Caboolture-Bribie Island Road and Old Toorbul Point Road intersection upgrade
Construction is underway for an intersection upgrade to install traffic signals and dedicated turn lanes for all movements as part of the Caboolture-Bribie Island Road upgrade project. The intersection project will include a signalised pedestrian crossing of Caboolture-Bribie Island Road, bus stops and on-road bike lanes.
This upgrade will cater to growing traffic volumes by increasing capacity at the intersection and making it safer for motorists to navigate through. The traffic signal installation will also significantly reduce delays for motorists using the intersection, while accommodating future capacity requirements for Caboolture-Bribie Island Road.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Increases traffic flow
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- This upgrade will cater to increasing traffic volumes by increasing capacity and will provide a safer intersection for motorists to navigate through.
- The traffic signal installation will significantly reduce delays for motorists using the intersection.
- The upgrade will accommodate future capacity requirements for Caboolture-Bribie Island Road.
The upgrade at Caboolture-Bribie Island Road and Old Toorbul Point Road intersection is part of a $30.4 million joint funding agreement between the Australian and Queensland governments.
- Total investment
- $30.4 million
- Australian Government
- $20 million
- Queensland Government
- $10.4 million
Works are ongoing, with construction expected to be complete by mid-2021, weather and construction conditions permitting.