Planning and design for the Cairns Western Arterial Road (CWAR) between Redlynch Connector Road and Captain Cook Highway aims to improve the safety and increase capacity of this section of the road.
Cairns Western Arterial Road duplication (Redlynch Connector Road to Kamerunga Road)
A $60 million project is being undertaken to duplicate the Cairns Western Arterial Road between Redlynch Connector Road and Kamerunga Road including the rail overpass at Redlynch.
In October 2020 the Queensland Government committed to a $60 million upgrade of Cairns Western Arterial Road between Redlynch Connector Road and Kamerunga Road.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Upgrade of the section Cairns Western Arterial Road between Redlynch Connector Road and Kamerunga Road to a 4-lane dual carriageway.
- Construction of additional left and right turning lanes on Cairns Western Arterial Road at the intersection of Redlynch Connector Road.
- Duplication of the rail overpass at Redlynch.
The project is 100% funded by the Queensland Government.
- Total investment
- $60 million
- Queensland Government
- $60 million
We are currently undertaking detailed design and preconstruction activities for the project.