Cairns Western Arterial Road, Loridan Drive intersection upgrade planning
The department has completed a $550,000 planning project to investigate possible upgrades at the intersection of Cairns Western Arterial Road and Loridan Drive.
Construction of an identified solution is currently unfunded.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
The potential upgrade includes:
- widening to provide 3 traffic lanes in each direction along Cairns Western Arterial Road through the intersection
- improvements to turn lane storage
- left turn from Loridan Drive converted from a signalised left to a continuous turn lane (signalised for pedestrians)
- on-road cycle lanes through the intersection along with:
- upgraded footpath on the south west corner of the intersection
- a shared user off road path on the eastern side of Cairns Western Arterial Road
- noise barrier fencing
- future inclusion of indented bus stops on Cairns Western Arterial Road on the departure sides of the intersection.
The project is fully funded by the Queensland Government. Investment ID 1144496
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
Construction of any upgrades is currently unfunded.