Caloundra Road and Ridgewood Road, upgrade intersection
Construction is underway for traffic signals to be installed at the Caloundra Road and Ridgewood Road intersection, Little Mountain.
New traffic signals will provide controlled turning movements from Ridgewood Road onto Caloundra Road improving motorist safety, while pedestrians will also benefit from 3 new signalised pedestrian crossings.
The intersection upgrade also provides safer access for 2 bus stops on Caloundra Road.
- Improves safety
- Better road access
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
- New traffic signals and dedicated turn lanes.
- Three signalised pedestrian crossings at the intersection on the north, south and west approaches.
- New footpaths improving pedestrian access to the 2 nearby bus stops along Caloundra Road.
- Upgrade to the eastbound bus stop on Caloundra Road near the intersection, to ensure compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
- New on-road bike lanes on Caloundra Road through the intersection.
- Pavement widening.
- New traffic signals for the adjacent service road.
- Road surfacing and linemarking.
- Upgrading street lighting.
The Queensland Government has committed $3.75 million for design and construction as part of the $400 million economic stimulus package. Investment ID 1608299(15)
- Total investment
- $3.75 million
- Queensland Government
- $3.75 million
Design is complete and construction started in May 2021. The majority of works are being undertaken at night due to the high traffic volumes on Caloundra Road during the day.