Cloncurry – Dajarra Road, improvement works
The Cloncurry – Dajarra Road, improvement works will complete the seal between the start of the road and the turnoff to Phosphate Hill, and will also widen priority sections of narrow sealed road.
Cloncurry–Dajarra Road functions as a key intra-regional route connecting Cloncurry and Dajarra. It is a vital transport link for the movement of cattle, mining supplies and products, fuel, food and freight.
The upgrades will support economic growth by providing a more reliable and efficient route, and will provide remote towns with improved access to employment opportunities and vital services.
The projects include:
- $20 million funded by the Australian Government's Road Stimulus Program on an 80:20 funding basis with the Queensland Government.
- $8.5 million funded by Queensland Government's Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs.
- $3 million funded by the Queensland Government.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Increases capacity
- Improves flood immunity
- Sealed road surface of 8m width.
- Improved reliability and efficiency of freight movements.
The project is funded by the Australian and Queensland governments. Investment ID: 1692502, 1649219, 1239764
- Total investment
- $31.5 million
- Australian Government
- $16 million
- Queensland Government
- $15.5 million
Construction has started on various sections of Cloncurry – Dajarra Road with traffic management in place. Please visit QLDTraffic for up-to-date road conditions.