Accelerated funding has been allocated through the following Road Stimulus Packages to increase investment in roads and transport infrastructure as part of The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy.
D'Aguilar Highway (Kilcoy - Yarraman), Sandy Creek to Kilcoy, improve safety
Design is complete for safety improvements along the D'Aguilar Highway between Sandy Creek and Kilcoy to reduce the risk of crashes.
The D'Aguilar Highway is a strategic link in Queensland's state-controlled road network, linking the Bruce Highway to South Burnett.
- Improves safety
- Better road access
Undertake treatments to improve safety including:
- Road widening from west of Neurum Road to Sandy Creek Road and from Arnolds Road North to west of Scrubby Creek.
- Installing wide centre line treatment to separate opposing traffic flows, reducing head-on crashes.
- Shoulder widening to provide additional trafficable area to pull over, assist emergency vehicles to pass, accommodate wide vehicles and provide safer conditions for pedestrians and bike riders.
- Extending and replacing culverts to improve drainage.
- Clearing roadside vegetation, including removing some trees, to improve visibility and remove roadside hazards.
- New signage to reinforce overtaking rules.
- Minor pavement rehabilitation where required.
- Installing safety barriers at key locations.
This project is part of the Australian and Queensland governments' $415 million economic stimulus package. Investment ID 1701183
- Total investment
- $19 million
- Australian Government
- $15.2 million
- Queensland Government
- $3.8 million