Everton Park-Albany Creek Road, Albany Forest Drive and Janice Street intersection, improve traffic signals
Construction is underway for safety improvements at 3 intersections on Everton Park – Albany Creek Road (known as Old Northern Road) between Albany Forest Drive and Janice Street, Albany Creek.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Modify existing traffic signals at the Albany Forest Drive intersection to fully control all turns by adding green arrows to regulate right-turns.
- Extend the southbound right-turn lane past Folkstone Avenue to cater for additional vehicles queuing to turn into Albany Forest Drive.
- Modify the traffic island and median to remove the right-turns into and out of the Folkstone Avenue intersection.
- Install new traffic signals at the Janice Street intersection to provide a safe U-turn to Folkstone Avenue and address crash history by controlling right-turns.
- Extend the northbound right-turn lane into Janice Street to cater for additional vehicles queuing to turn.
- Install a U-turn at the intersection of Keong Road and Old Northern Road for northbound traffic.
- Install a signalised pedestrian crossing at the Janice Street intersection.
- Install new and modify existing roadside pedestrian paths, where required.
- Amend signage and road line marking, including bike lanes through intersections.
- Clear vegetation and reinstate landscaping.
- Provide new lighting and relocate some existing lighting.
This project is fully funded by the Queensland Government. Investment ID 1490456
- Total investment
- $2.8 million
- Queensland Government
- $2.8 million
Construction is underway and expected to be completed by early 2022, weather and construction conditions permitting.